Sunday, January 10, 2016

A pro tem adieu

A happy and blessed New Year to everyone!


A new year is a door of new opportunities, and for some peoeple, a new year means new responsibilities. Are you ready for yours? I happened to be one of the people with new responsibilities this wonderful new year. Unlike last year, I'm not letting negativity (and Satan omg) ruin my chances of starting the year right. ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧

The year's starting and unfolding really slowly, and I was off to a kind of lazy start. I will admit that I ended up procrastinating on some responsibilities I have, but that's only because I had holiday (and DYD) hangover. I am back on my feet, and Good Lord, I am READY.

Some of my new responsibilities this year is being web master of ArcherSpeak Vol. 2. You can catch me and my blockmates writing about the happenings at our school here. Content will be up soon, so drop by and give us some constructive criticism. 

Of course there's World Youth Day to think about. I thank God that all of us in our group passed the initial screening. One day we all stopped being strangers and became brothers and sisters in Christ, which I think is a wonderful, wonderful blessing. I told myself that that's good, Tony. Surround yourself with people on the same mission as you. They will guide you to the right path, pull you up when you're falling behind, help you in times of need, protect you in the midst of persecution, and encourage you to always be the best you, because God deserves nothing but the best. (Tony Jamias 2015 lol)

And my biggest one yet would have to be... Ah, yes, before I get there, I know that I've written countless of times how I was our church's "storyteller"... But now's about time I stopped telling stories made by others and started making my own. Yes, I've resigned from my position as the PPC Secretary. I am now the Parish Youth Ministry Coordinator, the position my church brother Jet once held. When the elders asked me if I didn't want to be the secretary anymore, I told them that it's not that I didn't want to be the secretary anymore. Anyone (qualified) can be the secretary, but not everyone can be the PYM Coordinator. 

The DYD celebration last year was moving. Some people have lost hope in the young people of this generation, but they haven't seen this: an entire church reverberating with young people singing praises to God, being in total communion with Him. Perhaps my prayers had been so intense that God told me to do it, to take up this position and bring more young people to Him.

Jet and I spoke about this for two nights and a morning, and while he was perfectly fine with the set-up, I had second thoughts. What if the youth didn't like me? (Because I'm an expert at being unlike-d by people.) What if I scare them away? What if it doesn't work? What if in the middle of everything, God takes back His word because I'm not as worthy as He thought I was? 

God told me to take heart. This will be the perfect opportunity to work on our PYM. If I wanted to encourage more young people to choose God instead of the world, He said that I had to work for them. 

Which now leads me to a pro tem adieu. There's just so much in my hands that I can't hold them all, and the best way to keep focus is to let go of some of them... Now I'm not saying that I'm giving up blogging for good, but I'd like to consider this a short hiatus. Maybe not a lot of people read my blog, but when I see numbers, those aren't really just numbers, but eyes that have read what I had to say, and I appreciate them. 

School and church will take up a lot of my time and my heart, but there will always be enough love for my blog. I will still update when I can, because God knows how much I love sharing my misadventures with everyone. For the meantime, please support my blockmates and I on ArcherSpeak Volume 2. We'll appreciate all the love and con-crit we'll get. 

What about you? Got any responsibilities for this year? Good luck, God speed, don't give up! 

Until the next misadventure!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so blessed by your post! I pray that the people whose lives you will touch on your new position will be just as much blessed or even more. And may God prosper you in all respects as you allow yourself to be used by Him for His glory. :)

    ReplyDelete