Saturday, September 26, 2015

2015 Goals: An Update


Hello! We're down to the last quarter of 2015. As much as I told myself that I wasn't gonna let 2015 screw me over, I'm honestly saying that it already has, but it's not the end yet! I decided to look back and see if I've accomplished, even if not all, the goals I've set for myself this year

1. Maximize productivity, minimize backlog. Battling procrastination is no easy deal, especially when you've lost grip of where your life is heading. I know that I've mentioned a lot of times now that this year isn't going as planned, but I'm still trying, or doing this last-ditch effort to straighten things out and perhaps salvage what's left of the year. In terms of minimizing backlog, I think I've done a pretty well job at it, but there's still a lot more work to be done. I know I can get things done before the end of this year.

2. Go out more / Out of the comfort zone I go. How many chances has there been that I've been given the out of the comfort zone moment, but not at the right time? While I've had countless escapades with my friends, none of them really seem to be really out of the comfort zone. I'm still waiting for that one moment when I've conquered my fear of being caught (by so many things).

3. Less me, More God. Ah, where do I even start? God has been nothing but good to me this year and I feel so inadequate because of my own shortcomings. Not only have I been running away from my responsibilities, I've also been breaking some oaths I made to Him. I always say that I'm no good as I am right now, but I don't think I'll ever be good no matter what I do.

But I am so tired of running away. I'm finally running back.
 
And my mini-goals?

1. Learning how to drive + Getting a driver's license - I managed to get a student license! (And my non-professional license may be on its way.) 

As for the driving, well... I'm not yet that confident, so I think I'll leave the driving to my parents and Vincent. 

2. Getting a voter's ID - While the ID itself will take a while to fall into my hands, I'm really glad to say that I'll be voting for the right person this coming election period. I was able to register last July, after a painstaking four-hour wait. It'll be worth it, though. Here's one vote for change. (GTFO Binay)

3. Starting a bank account - I suck at money, I swear. I'm so old-fashioned when it comes to money matters that I still use an alkansya to keep my money. This should change, though, since I've been offered a home-based job as a freelance writer. (Dear Lord, pls let dis work.) 

Bonus stage: Passport + NBI Clearance - How can you obtain a government-issued ID if you need a government-issued ID to confirm your identity? (Like, you know, you need a job to get experience but the job you're applying for needs experience. My logic sucks as well, but I think that's pretty much the same.)

 An overall evaluation...

Come on, Tony, the year can't be that badI think I managed to achieve what I wanted to achieve: to make this year be the year when I become a full-fledged adult, even if I had a few bouts of immaturity in the middle of it. I have to admit, this year is kind of good. 

As for the lessons I learned, let's save that for another blog post. One thing I can share with you is that I learned to look at every cloud's glimmering silver lining, because we all know that the sun's still behind all of it.

What about you? Have you achieved the goals you set for yourself this year? The year may be about to come to a close, but hang in there! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑  
 

No comments :

Post a Comment