Sunday, August 2, 2015



July 30. It's 6:45 in the evening and I'm outside my house. To be honest, I don't even know what I'm doing out here. Am I looking for something? 

I held in my hands the gentleness of a cat's steady purr. Despite knowing how nearly impossible it is to keep a cat for a pet, I still want one, and I find comfort knowing that these little ones aren't afraid of my touch.

Our neighbors took their bulldog pup out for a walk, and I wonder if they think I'm weird for squinting my eyes while approaching them to pat their dog. There was no exchange of words, only small smiles, and I didn't ask her anything, I only petted their dog.

What exactly am I looking for? Human interaction?

No, I don't want more needless interaction. I get that a lot every single day at school and it's unfulfilling. In the silence of this evening, I looked up at the sky and told myself, "No, that's not what I'm looking for."

The cool blue of the night blended in seamlessly with the sepia-colored sunset. I stood up from my seat and groaned.

"God, what do I do with myself now?"

1 comment :

  1. I guess we all have those times when we find ourselves looking for something but can't quite pin point what that is. :)

    I hope you find whatever you're looking for in time. xx

    Jhanz | www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete