Thursday, June 18, 2015

Friday's 10 Happy Things, Volume 7

If there's one thing I suck at, it's probably keeping track of all the things I have to do. 

Hello! Welcome to Friday's 10 Happy Things, a blog link-up created by Ms. Helga! On this day, you blog and tell us about the things that made your heart sing this week. (^・ω・^ )

I can't remember why I was upset last week. It made me forget a lot of things. Nevertheless, allow me to share the stuff that made me happy all week-long. 



1. This Giant Pocky my dad got from his co-worker! Funny how I was the first one he messaged when he got it. (Haa Japanese sweets are the best.)



2. Getting more of my crap done before the new school year starts. Yas I just kicked procrastination's ass!

3. Re-reading (and cringing at) some of my old stories and drafts and deciding which of these I should rewrite. I still find these fairly interesting despite the lack of a spelling and grammar check, and they have this certain charm that's lost to my newer stories. (Ha I think I was around nine or ten when I wrote that hideous thing. Glad to know that I improved throughout the years.)

4. Assembling my own breakfast.

5. Making art for myself. Drawing things related to the stories I write make me happy, even though I'm no good at it. I mean, I'm an okay artist and not a that good kind of artist. (Article related.)

6. Being given my first emcee / hosting gig (and realizing how awkward I am) this coming Saturday. I'll be hosting our parish youth ministry's general assembly along with the coordinator, Jet.

7. Skipping this year's ToyCon. I don't know why I'm gladly skipping it since it's one of the biggest conventions every year. (It's probably because I don't have money or a costume. SIGH) 

8. Mawaru Penguindrum. (I finished all 24 episodes. I need a new hobby.)
 




Images are from Google-さん and Tumblr-ちゃん

The animation is fantastic! I'm in love with possessed Himari / Princess of the Crystal's transformation sequence, though it hardly counts as one. This anime isn't of the magical girl genre, even though it does have some elements. At a glace, Himari looked familiar, but then I realized that MP's characters were designed by Hoshino Lily, the author of Kigurumi Boueitai, a manga on my reading list. 

9. Being able to go out (and go to confession). I've been stuck in the house for God knows how long and I'm thankful for that breath of fresh air. 


10. The fact that I live in a traffic-less cityand that my school is now just a tricycle away from home. Throughout the week, I've been seeing my Facebook friends complaining about how unbearable the Metro Manila traffic is, especially during the rainy season. 

BONUS: Eating roasted peanuts while listening to the tricycle drivers talk about the city circa 1990s. 

Aside from munching on chocolate, giant Pocky sticks and developing a sore throat, I thought my week went pretty well. (^・ω・^ ) How did your week go? 

Ditz Revolution

5 comments :

  1. Wow for that Giant Pocky! :) I'd love to have one of those too. Happy Friday! :)

    Jhanz | www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Giant Pocky was bigger than I thought! It's about the length of a ruler and is as thick as a pinky finger! There are still a few in the box because no one else at home like strawberry-flavored sweets. Enjoy your weekend! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Tony! Enjoy yours too. :) I'd really love to have one of those giant pocky but in Chocolate Flavor. Huhu just thinking abt it makes me hungry already!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I live in Antipolo, where the worst thing a driver could do is block the part of the road that's meant for left/right turning vehicles, and every kanto has an OPSS so drivers beware.

      Delete