Monday, February 16, 2015

2015 Goals


The school year's about to come to a close, but 2015 is still far from over. After reading Ms. Helga's post about her 2015 goals, it made me think about what plan I have for this year, since it's not quite done yet. 2015's only been here for eight weeks and I am already screwed, but I'm not letting this year go down the drain.

My key is productivity. 

I think productivity is my worst problem, since procrastination is my worst enemy. With being productive in mind, I have a few things to accomplish, hopefully, this year.

1. Maximize productivity, minimize backlog. When I was in high school, I had a perfect succession of keeping journals, but when 2013 came, I was stuck in a rut. I didn't write on any journal and I felt that it was an incomplete year. Though I did manage to compile all of my significant adventures on that year, it was still different compared to keeping a journal. In 2014, I managed to get back up and start writing again, but I stopped in February and everything went downhill fast. I planned to finish my 2014 journal before the new year, but as of the moment, I'm stuck in September 2014. This 2015, though, I have two different planners: my personal planner and a Starbucks planner, gifted by my uncle. I'm in mid-February, but I'm actually doing a great job at keeping things in tabs. I've started to write daily again, something I'm quite proud of since it's been a while since I last stopped writing.

2. Go out more / Out of the comfort zone I go. Pope Francis' visit to the Philippines is the perfect example of getting out of one's shell. I thought that it would be good for me to got out more often and meet my friends more often. Staying indoors all the time has proved to be unhealthy for me since I often think of unhealthy thoughts. I think that going out more would improve my way of thinking, and I think it's good for me to try new things! Recently, I was invited by my friend Nickole to join the DMC Handcrafted Fair and I couldn't go because of church and my dad's birthday. I really wanted to go, too. The next time I'm invited to an event, I'll be sure to cover it real good.

Image from Tumblr

3. Less me, More God. Something I thought of since late 2014. I still suffer from an unhealthy obsession with myself and staying indoors (like what I said earlier). I keep on saying that I want to go out and do good, but I just keep on running away. This year, I want to stop running and actually start doing something.
Image from Tumblr
And I think that once I get through those major things, I'll be able to accomplish these tiny things like

1. Learning how to drive + Getting a driver's license.
2. Getting a voter's ID
3. Starting a bank account


I hope that 2015 is the year when I'll become a full-fledged adult, even though I'm physically far from that. Wish me luck on my endeavors! What are your goals for this year? 


No comments :

Post a Comment