Tuesday, June 3, 2014

World is Mine Cos-Progress

Here at the Philippines, one major cosplay events is the annual TOYCON PH: The Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention! It's a fairly big event that spans three days and often takes place in June. I went there last year as Aisaka Taiga from ToraDora! and I'll be attending this year as...



Miku Hatsune World is Mine version! 

And since con season is just around the corner, I decided to share some of my progress on this costume... though it's not exactly a costume. (Tehe.) I decided to take some artistic liberties and change a few things about it! (Which people won't really notice.) 

(Ah, well, let me start off with a disclaimer of sorts... This look may be deemed to be casual more than an actual costume. I originally planned on having one made, but because of expense problems, I had to pull back that thought.) 

Anyways, tally ho!



My boyfriend and I hunted for a plain white dress when we went to Divisoria, and we found this pretty little thing for P600.00 (pretty much around $13.00). It fit me nicely, though it was a tad bit longer than how I thought it looked. I bought the collar separately. It's a two-layer sheer fabric, and the black part was adorned with sequins.



And though I wanted to wear knee socks, I thought that it didn't go well with the dress, seeing as it was longer and the ends of the socks almost disappeared in the dress. I decided to wear black leggings that looked pretty much like socks as an alternative. (I'm still contemplating on the shoes, though.)



I found my red and black sheer ribbon scrunchies at a general merchandise store. Each cost P8.00. I bought four (two black ribbons and two red ribbons), which sums up to P32.00 (73 cents haha!)



Lastly, I thought that this crown my boyfriend bought for me before matched the entire thing. We bought it at a party favors store for P40.00. 

Here's how the dress looks on me.



And how the wig looks with the accessories!


I plan on doing a full look before the con, just to see how it'll work out. I'm preparing for school because our school year starts unbearably earlier than all the other schools. I'll definitely blog about the current happenings at school (for the sake of documentation and stuff). As for the full look, well, just look out for it! 

See ya! 



No comments :

Post a Comment